Saturday, August 11, 2007

the end of apathy.




There is a burning in my heart. There is an ache in my soul that groans. There is a weeping in my spirit that longs to be quenched.

What worries me most about my own generation is the rampant disease of complacency infecting our hearts. Post-modernism and relativism have crept in and taught my generation that there is no truth, no absolutes, no right or wrong. This ideology has left us surrendered, passive and defeated.


The more I talk to other millennials, the more concerned I become about the direction of our world. Are these the men and women to whom this earth's dominion will be entrusted? These defeated, pathetic warriors too afraid and confused to stand up and fight?

I am sick of attempting to place the blame. I am frustrated with pushing the weight of this issue from foot to foot. It is time for my generation to stand up and fight. Step up and change the world because you can.

What worries me more is what I see in Christian youth. Apathy like crazy! I see so many Christian teenagers resigned to live the common life; stuck in the norm without any desire to step out and live a called out life.

We lose touch with reality. Especially when it comes to Christ. We say the name of Jesus and speak of a man we've been passively taught about through a flannel graph board or a defeated youth pastor. Imagine what revolution would take place if we knew Jesus for who He is?! Imagine the fire that could sweep our churches if we prayed to the real God instead of the psuedo-Christ we set up in His place?! How often do we sing, "I could sing of your love forever" and impatiently wait for the last chord? How often do we hear the pastor say, "Jesus died for us" and neglect to be overwhelmed with passionate emotion?

If only we knew Christ. If only we attempted to grasp the depth of His love. "God gave His life to put motion inside my soul." And yet we remain stagnant. Woe to us.




...there is a burning in my heart.

3 comments:

Kyndra Lynne said...

i like you.

fishersofmen03 said...

Great site Claire

I look forward to your next post

;)

fishersofmen03 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.